schedule subject to change
- 4:30pm - Guest Registration & Check-in
- 5:45pm - Dinner Buffet
- 7:00pm - Worship & Teaching Session #1: "Swan's Secret"
- Snacks and free time to follow
- 6:30am - Cedar Lodge open – coffee available
- 6:30am - Prayer time
- 7:30am - Breakfast Buffet
- 8:45am - Worship & Teaching Session #2: "Secrets Make You Sick"
- 10:15am - Breakout Discussions
- 11:15am - Workshops
- 12:00pm - Buffet Lunch
- 1:00-3:00pm - Recreation and Free Time
- 3:30pm - Worship & Teaching Session #3: "Silence is the Enemy of Healing"
- 4:45pm - Breakout Discussions
- 5:45pm - Workshops
- 6:30pm - Dinner Buffet
- 7:45pm - Worship & Teaching Session #4: "Secret to Secret's: Confession"
- Free time and Bon Fire to follow
- 6:30am - Cedar Lodge open – coffee available
- 6:30am - Prayer time
- 7:45am - Breakfast Buffet
- 9:30am - Worship & Teaching Session #5: "It Is No Secret What God Can Do"
- 11:00am - Close of program
Our workshops are designed to help equip men to further their journey with God. To grow personally, to prepare to serve others and to discover the PURPOSE for which we were created.
The Importance of our Next Generation - 20 something year-olds (for High School Seniors to 29 year-olds)
Presenter: Richard Boas
Have you felt like you are wandering in a no-mans land? Are you wondering what God’s purpose is for you and your generation? Can you make a difference? What will the next stage of my life entail? In this workshop we will address these questions and more. Bring your questions, concerns and thoughts. You will help direct the conversation so it’s pertinent to you. You were made on PURPOSE for a PURPOSE and together we will help discover that purpose. (morning session only)
God's Game Plan for Young Men (for Junior High and Senior High age men up to 11th grade)
Presenters: Bob Lloyd and Ernest Vigal
We will discover how choosing God’s game plan over our own game plan will impact ourselves and others. We will explore this through discussion, fun activities and relationship building. This is a two part series. Part 1 is after the Saturday morning session and Part 2 is after the Saturday afternoon session.
Healthy Sex, part 2
Presenter: Alick Lee Warner
Healthy sex in a marriage is based on “INTIMACY,” and intimacy is a byproduct of learning to be emotionally naked with our wives. To connect on “all levels“ is the desire our Maker put into us, going back to the Garden. To have emotional sex before physical sex results in the most successful experience of all. To be known, to be heard, to be free NOT to hide… Allows us to connect heart-to-heart, preparing us for a fulfilling sexual union. Women are triggered emotionally, primarily, and this is where we, as men, must develop our skills in this direction if we are to go to deeper levels of an intimate sexual experience.
God's Word living in you
Presenter: Ed McDowell
Do you want more of God in your life? One way to accomplish this is to have God's Word speak more into your life. This session is for every man. Take a practical look at how to bring God's Word to life in ways that will help you grow into the man God wants you to be.
Overcoming Spiritual Bondage - IMPACT PRAYER
Presenter: Mike Henry
Join Pastor Mike Henry for a session that will revitalize your prayer life. You will learn to get answers to prayer, overcome internal spiritual struggles, and impact your circles of influence; family, work, and community. You are more than a bystander in God’s active kingdom — make an impact! Pastor Mike Henry has been a missionary, pastor and spiritual director for over twenty five years. His insights into the spiritual life have activated individuals and churches in stronger faith and a richer prayer life in several countries.
Principles of Bible Study
Presenter: James Boemer
We will discuss how to dive into the Word for yourself, and enrich your relationship with God. Ever wondered to dea with Old Testament books like Leviticus and how it applies today? Or, how to approach the Bible within appropriate context? Maybe you’ve read the Bible cover to cover and the prospect of reading Deuteronomy one more time makes you sleepy just thinking about it, and what you really want is to go deep into the Word, and not necessarily wide. If you can relate to any of these, this workshop session is for you!
Presenter: Bill Brown
The Bible clearly states "ALL HAVE SINNED." This means each of us needs RECOVERY in order to live our lives the way God intended. Celebrate Recovery is based on God's Word and is forward looking. It emphasizes personal responsibility and spiritual commitment to Jesus Christ, utilizes the biblical truth that we need each other in order to grow spiritually and emotionally, and addresses all types of hurts, hang-ups, and habits.
MAPA (Marysville Area Pastors ASsociation)
Presenter: Rick Thiessen
Marysville Pastors commit to cultivate our unity in two ways: 1) To regularly meet to Promote loving relationships for encouragement and prayer. 2) To partner together to tangibly Proclaim the Gospel through word and deed.
Discipleship that Works
Presenter: Shawn Schrader
If you were asked to disciple someone would you know what to say or do? Most Christian men in our region have not been discipled in a way that helps them to disciple others. This workshop will teach you some key principles from the Bible to help you as you seek to “Make Disciples” with the men God has put in your life.
Family Life - "Safeguard your marriage and reignite the romance"
Presenter: Roger Haskin
No one gets married expecting life to be miserable and lonely! However, if we’re not intentional that’s where we end up. Without regular maintenance, our marriage relationship will drift toward isolation. Learn some tips on how to keep your marriage safe and exciting. Family Life is a ministry of Cru that focuses on strengthening the family by sharing God’s blueprints for marriage and family. We provide transferable, biblically-based help for you at every stage of your marriage and family life.
Breaking the cycle of an abusive father and what that looks like!
Presentesr: Jeff Kyle and Cameron Kyle
Jeff and Cameron will share the following:
- Review of Jeff’s childhood (Tampa, Fl in the 60’s / 70’s, family dynamics)
- Devastating effects on a young boy’s worth (Bullied & Beaten by the ones who are supposed to protect you),
- The Great Escape - You can run but you can’t hide (escape from life / escape from the source of the hurt, Military)
- A Father with Open Arms not Closed Fists (A loving father gets ahold of me)
- Practice, Practice, Practice (Youth Ministry, Coaching, Etc. Honing skills for “one day”)
- A Dad’s resolve to be better (love, time, involvement, proud, build up, invest in their lives)
- Lose the luggage… Please (the baggage may not fully go away… but I refuse to tote it everywhere)
- Chains to Change… What it looks like now (Sheep Dog Mentalities)
- The Legacy that could have been vs. The Legacy that IS (testimony of Rescue)
Saturday Free-Time & Recreation Options
(subject to change)
Buy tickets for these Warm Beach Camp Recreation options: (available for sale Saturday morning of the event)
High Ropes Course, 40’ Climbing Tower
Free Warm Beach Camp Recreation options:
Disc golf, mini-golf, softball, horse shoes, basketball, tennis, trails
Other Men's Advance Free Time Activities
- Cool Machines Show: classics, exotics, trendy, cars, trucks, whatever guys want to bring and show off...its just plain fun
- HUGE Highland Games - Scottish Highland competitions
Mountain Biking - bring your own bike
- Life-size Angry Birds - giant sling shot
Local area golf course: Camaloch
Indoor Shooting Range: Nor Pointe Shooting Center