Summer 2019 - The Wrangler in Training (WIT) program provides the opportunity for high school age participants to apprentice alongside experienced horsemanship staff while assisting with trail rides, riding lessons and all manner of horse and facility care during their four week session. WITs will gain valuable experience involving safety, horsemanship instruction, group control and horse care while working with guests and campers in the summer camp environment.
- Develop a servant's heart
- Grow in your personal Christian faith
- Learn how to train and handle horses
- Share mastered skills with other wranglers and apprentices
- Assist in leading trail rides
- Assist in instruction of riding lessons and vaulting classes
- Assume a variety of supervised leadership roles
- Develop healthy relationships and relational skills
- Develop character and healthy work values
- Age 16 or older by June 30, 2019
- Have a desire to study the life of Jesus Christ
- Be seeking to grow in a deeper personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Have a love for horses and young campers
- Be eager for personal growth
- Be in good physical condition
- Have a CHA riding certification for level 2 or above (or equivalent as approved by the Horsemanship Director)
- Have three recommendation letters: one from a Christian Worker, one from a Teacher, and one from a Personal Friend who is over 18 years old
Each WIT must attend a training week on June 24-29, 2019 and remain for the entire session (June 30 - July 27, 2019 or July 28 - August 24, 2019). The program will consist of 1 week of training followed by 4 weeks of practical experience and apprenticeship. Special exceptions may be granted for time-off or unavailability for whole duration of the session. Applications to participate in both sessions is also accepted.
$300. This cost includes five weeks of training and apprenticeship experience, including training manuals, insurance and room and board.
Download and complete the Wrangler In Training Application and send it to the Warm Beach Camp, Personnel Office. Once application and three references are reviewed by the hiring manager, further contact will be made. If/when acceptance has been made into the program you will receive more information on arrival, what-to-bring, payments etc.
Best consideration will be given for applications received by June 1, 2019.
- Contact the Personnel Department for more information or questions at 360-216-4262